Thursday, July 31, 2008

ohh, the busy summer

*** found this on Anne Taintor's site - LOVE it!
how does this happen? I fear for the worst at the end of May when I have to be the entertainment coordinator for the summer for a 7 year old. Now today, there are so few days left of vacation it's sad! We've been really busy this summer - not sure with what! We have had lots of fun though!
I did manage to get roped into a massive project at my church. I know, how do you say no?? but I have to learn.
It involves re- decorating 9 huge classrooms - window treatments, painting furniture, miscellaneous decorating. The mind boggles. I just purchased 21 yards of fabric to make window treatments. I supposedly have the help of 2 elderly ladies in the sewing circle, but frankly, it will probably be all me. I think the "young renegade" sewers like me scare them a bit. My wrist still doesn't work from spraying 5, yes 5 full cans of spa blue paint onto 1960's metal cabinets. After we peeled off the wood toned contact paper. It was gorgeous! (I kid)
The deadline is Sept for the beginning kick off of church school. Wrong all this swearing when it's church...
I also made 2 more of those handbags from the other day - one for my mom and one for a girlfriend. Also placed my order for a cool tervis tumbler from http://mpmdesigns.blogspot.com/ for same friend. Her bday is in Oct and I like to organize ahead of time.
And another cute item I am sending off to PVE for a wonderful job she did on the illustrations. Hope she loves it! My sewing machine is also crabby - sense a theme here? and I hate bringing it for repair - it's usually some older guy that doesn't LISTEN to me - he thinks he knows. Ahem - I am on that machine 24/7 - I think I-I-I know what's wrong - you, Mr. Certified repair guy, just need to make the repair. Wow, I am cranky today.
Anyway - good always comes from good - you MUST check out www.wordle.net. Fun doesn't begin to describe. Tried to give you an example, but couldn't get my crabby computer to cooperate. Oh, not, it's ME that won't cooperate. You also have the option of plugging in your own words. Think family names, descriptions, etc - makes great gift-y ideas! Thinking Christmas...
Off to my parent's pool hoping the chlorine might get rid of the poison ivy I have in between my b**bs. Don't go there - I have NO clue how that happened but holy cow!! irritating and annoying. gross.

1 comment:

pve design said...

Oh, the suspense is killing me! :)
Promise not to bug the mailman "Willy" too much....
Are you sure you don't have a package? tee hee!
Thanks in advance and enjoy every minute of time with your bird along with your machine,,,zzzzz!