Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Handbag Love


LOVE the lining
So, I dreamed of this bag a few weeks ago. I had attended Jennifer Paganelli's awesome shopping experience - watch for it - it comes again in the fall! - and gotten a few yards of fabric and a bag of odds and ends. That bag turned out not to be just odds and ends, but bigger pieces mixed in. So - I LOVE black - favorite color ever - but sometimes I like to throw in the punch of lime, pink, orange, chocolate or purple - I have to be seriously in the mood. Plus, I hate handbags. One more stupid thing to keep track of. I know - sacrilege -esp. since the husband spent 8 years of his life working for Coach Leatherware - don't hate me. He did slightly convert me, but more succeeded in raising my taste level and expectations. Now, nothing less than a $350 handbag will do. And really, purses are for lips, so it's a HANDBAG...
Anyway, the fabrics were taunting me, so - here's my pattern -

look, I make the patterns myself when the mood strikes. So what if it was reading the morning paper. don't judge, it's how I function. Hmm, wonder if I have ADHD?
So, back to the handbag. Don't tell Birdie I swiped the lime green intended to be her new skirt. All the fabrics are Jen's - different seasons, but I LOVE the way it looks together. Tried the Pellon version of Timtex - it's iron on and didn't like that, but the weight was decent. You all know Timex is no longer?? If you see it, swipe it up before it's gone from the stores.
I added the magnetic closure under the tab and a small bow. That will get swapped for a big bow later on, but really? I needed it for tonight. Gotta hit the showers, I just beat the tar out of my treadmill for a couple miles.
Have fuN!
C-ya!

P.S. - Oh, Jen, I need more fabric!!! Birdie is beating it up the stairs to investigate the skirt progress - quick, lock the door!

1 comment:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Welcome to blogland sweet Pea!!!! This is a memorable day in the analogs of blogland history!!! You go girl..look at this bag!! Weelcome my love, I'll be over often. Jennifer