Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh the insanity...

what was I thinking? or not thinking? or is this how I run my life? There's no time to analyze! I've got things to do...
Here's my laundry list of crazy projects we've gotten done over yesterday and today:
**note I write WE, like there is more than one of me. I wish!
-go to fabric store and buy a zipper - end up loving new black linen and find patterns are on sale so I buy the supplies to make a dress for Saturday night. I know, this is normal? do other people do this? I think my friends make these rash decisions, but they buy new shoes!
-make cupcakes, from scratch - awesome recipe! Love them - vanilla cupcake, lightly tinted orange icing and creamsicle sprinkles. Delish. Fun for the kids for Saturday night while Grandma babysits our Birdie and her 3 cousins.
- make bagels, from scratch. Birdie enjoys measuring and some baking, so this was a fun lesson in yeast and rolling. Fun!! They cooked a bit too long b/c I thought I could squeeze in some treadmill time while they baked. Slightly darker than planned, but really good!
-finish the bag (the purchased zipper) for a friend - very cool bag in brown Sis Boom, covered in vinyl. She loved it! Even called to tell me so - it's nice to have cheerleaders!
-at 10 pm Friday, let's ice the cupcakes! Cleaning up powdered sugar from counters at 10:30 is not fun.
-Sat am go to a quilt show! Totally fun - joined by my mom, niece and cousin - good times. Lunch after - cute fabric to make a Birdie dress.
-Go buy a belt to go with newly made dress.
-whoops - have to go hem the dress!! Let's finish this while the husband goes to mall to satiate his shopping love and know he is coming home with new pants. Must hem these before we go to the dinner dance.
whew!! We so deserve a nice cocktail and fun evening of fundraising for the husband's charity. Good times!
So, what'd you do this week?!

No comments: