Friday, June 11, 2010


Finito. I thought it'd be cute to have my daughter's class come up with a gift for their teacher. I had them all draw on a square of paper, then I scanned them into the computer and printed the out onto computer fabric. Printed Treasures was the brand I used this time and I LOVE how crisp the ink and colors are. Will definitely buy it again. Once cut, I stitched them together, added a strip in between and on top and bottom. The result was a large rectangle. Well, 2 actually as there are 12 more blocks on the other side. I then trued up the sides and cut 2 lining pieces the same size. I also used a bit of poly fleece inside to give it some weight and heft. I LOVE it. The handles are traditional bamboo handles, but bigger. They have a 9" gap in between the handles. Super cute. I hope she likes it!
I also made it reversible so if she doesn't want the kids artwork hanging out or moves onto someplace else next year, it's still good to use. Now, I need a black one b/c I love it so much!




2 comments:

thedryingrack said...

It came out so cute!! She is going to love it! Now....remind me again what the trick is with freezer paper and printing stuff?

ralph and martha said...

Iron Freezer Paper onto muslin or other light fabric. Cut to fit your printer. Print away - voila! Enjoy.