Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Vacation



Summer is weird for me. I am an organized and task driven girl, so to not have set plans is strange for me. I am trying to embrace it but man, is it ever hard. Birdie and I were hanging out this morning and we used her "knit wit" - so funny. I found the box in my mom's closet - it was purchased in 1964! She made a few of the daisies, then started to read again. A book is ALWAYS in this little girls' hand and she relishes her quiet. To get "out of her way" this morning I totally interrupted her. I made her get out her crayons and design herself a dress with the promise I'd make it for her. Immediately. See, we both win - she gets quiet and I get to sew. Her dress design was adorable and she totally swiped some new fabric I was going to use for myself. I made the pattern out of a newspaper and an old dress that was cute and fit her well. I was worried the ruffle would look "kermit" like, but it's adorable! yeah! she is wearing it today to go on a few errands. after her reading. of course.

No comments: