Monday, March 9, 2009




Patricia had this fun game on her blog today - so let's play.
She started with this telling quote from Chanel:  " An interior is the natural projection of one's soul."   I think this is remarkably true. 
So, open up your handbag!  

Here's mine - my husband worked for Coach for many years.  This was the first bag I had to pay full price for after he left.  sigh.  I love it, but it needs to hide in the closet now until next fall.  I will pull out a lighter colored one this week.   It's got wonderful pockets inside and a flap that zippers and opens out flat.


Ok, the contents -  My bag usually contains only the necessary elements - Mondays are bag cleaning days from the weekend so this is great timing  -
  • 1 penny - found right side up at the gas station - "find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck."  I don't remember having good luck that day, but nothing bad happened; that I know of.
  • My checkbook for church, a pile of paperwork for church - all being dealt with as we speak. None of these things will make their way back into the bag.  
  • Lip items - Clinique lipstick in waterviolet, if it gets lost, I don't care.  Chapstick, don't leave home without it.  I prefer the plain black tube, but I have them in all my coat pockets so I have a variety.  Snow flavored lip gloss from Neiman Marcus. Yum.  Almost gone, thank goodness, too much clutter, but I don't like to throw usable things away...
  • Black sunglasses.  Need them.  Love them.  Always.  
  • Black and white print photo clutch - I use this for a few photos, but mostly gift cards and coupons.  Such a more organized and important way to store these items.
  • Coach zippy wallet - holds all I need and has the handle for quick runs to the market and school.   
  • The green thingy is a gift card envelope I made - inside a gift card and some stamps for my mom.  I see her on Wednesday to go fabric shopping so off that will go. 
  • My purple ipod.  I use this at the gym so many times during the week that it must stay here so I know where it is. It's engraved with my name.  
  • 2 sets of keys - who knew my husband tossed his keys in yesterday when we visited the beach yesterday afternoon.  What a great day - we got there well before the rain came, it was cool, breezy and filled with horses - what a sight for my little one!  
  • 2 pens - one for me, and one if I am in a meeting and someone forgets theirs.  Doesn't take up much room, but very helpful when needed.  
  • Lastly, my prescription for my mammogram - not only so I have it on hand when I go for my appointment in 1 week, but as a reminder to remind my friends to make their appointments.
In the bag it is - my life.



No comments: