Friday, June 13, 2008

We did it!!

I donate my hair every couple of years. Not sure why it grows so crazy fast, but I eat pretty well and take care of it. I cut around 12 or 14" off, Birdie cut off 9". She asked me last year if she could donate with me, so we waited a year to cut. Wow, it was a long year, mine was really ready last year, but I wanted to experience this with her. And yes, that is the infamous tunic again - note the shorts this time, different color. But I am obsessed with it!

My hair will go to Locks of Love and hers will go to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Her teacher even let me come talk to the kids about it - it was so important and the kids were pretty interested in it. Birdie is like a mini-star at school this week. She is fortunate to be in a loving, kind class this year. SO sweet.

Father's Day is this weekend and we have a cook out planned here - hopefully the husband will have an enjoyable day. Birdie chose to buy him deodorant. Yes, you read that correctly. She is hilarious. I asked her what she wanted to get him, and she says "well, I sometimes see him putting this stuff under his arms..." LOVE that!!

Enjoy the day!

C-ya!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to do that, what a great cuase, and really special to do that together!

Felicia said...

What a fabulous thing to do :)

Jennifer Paganelli said...

I love that you do that cc what amazing gifts those will be....You are such a beautiful soul. So glad you stopped it reminds me to put you on my blog roll...all my best to you in the lovely tunic ..can't wait to see what you are making.Jennifer